- General Information about Kyono ART Clinic
- First-visit Procedures
- How to Make Your Initial Appointment
- What You Need to Bring to Your Frist Appointment
- What a Typical Visit Would Look Like
General Information about Kyono ART Clinic Sendai
Kyono ART Clinic Sendai is a fertility treatment facility with professional medical staff providing Advanced Reprodutive Technology [intrauterine insemination(IUI), in vitro fertilization(IVF), male fertility treatments, etc…] and psychological counseling for couples who have problems related to infertility.
We follow a step-by-step (level-up method). First, we assess a possible cause of infertility through medical evaluation process, and we recommend ovarian stimulation, IUI or IVF, depending on the age, medical history, and infertility period. Our gynecology and urology specialists provide treatments using safe, state-of-the-art technology.
Your privacy and psychological well-being are valued at our clinic. We call you by sending e-mail to avoid calling our patients’ personal names out aloud.
We have 5 surgery recovery rooms with 10 beds, and we provide psychological counseling by a certified counselor specializing in reproduction, and genetics counseling by a certified genetic counselor. We have a crisis-management system (an emergency call system for the embryology laboratory), private electric generator to manage power outages, as well as complete earthquake countermeasures.
At Kyono ART Clinic Sendai, we are always striving to create a more comfortable environment, while pursuing safer and more advanced technology as well as an ever higher pregnancy rate. We are looking forward to your visit!
Before Making Your First Appointment
- Our clinic is an advanced treatment facility specializing in reproductive medicine including IUI, IVF, semen abnormality and azoospermia treatment, premature ovarian failure and polycystic ovary syndrome, treatment for ovulation failure and fallopian tube factors, repercussions of surgery on areas such fallopian tubes, ovaries, or uterus, or for ectopic pregnancy, as well as discussing preservation of sperm or eggs before treatment for malignant disease.
- Couples that are not legally married but with marriage plans, that are engaged, or in a common-law marriage can have an initial consultation; however, we do not accept cases where one wants to have a child with a new partner while still legally married to an old partner. (A copy of family register is required to be submitted before treatment such as IUI and IVF.)
For Initial Consultations
- The first-time consultation and medical evaluation will be estimated to be between 3 to 4 hours in total, so please take this into consideration when you make your first appointment. Also, the average time needed for a re-examination is between 2 to 4 hours, including the wait time for blood test results.
- The initial consultation can be scheduled at any timing of your menstrual cycle. After reviewing your condition, proper exams and tests will be scheduled accordingly.
- It is ideal to have a consultation as a couple; however, we accept individual consultations. If you and your partner plan to come together, each person will need to have an appointment. (If only one has made an appointment, both can listen to the explanations and information; however, exams and treatments can only be performed on the person with the appointment.)
- Appointments for those with azoospermia can be scheduled in the morning on weekdays.
- If you need sperm/oocyte cryopreservation prior to treatments for malignant disease, or for other medical reasons, please contact us with the details of your situation. We will do our best to accommodate you.
How to Make Your Initial Appointment:
Please e-mail us for an appointment.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not accept requests for a specific doctor for either initial consultations or re-examinations. We do not go by an “attending physician” system.
- All male patients are required to undergo semen examination regardless of examinations done previously at other clinics. Before this test, an abstinence period of 3-4 days is required. It is necessary for male patients to come in for an exam and consultation before IUI and IVF.
- Unless deemed necessary by our doctor, we do not re-examine patients for uterine cancer nor have patients undergo hysterosalpingography when an exam within the past year showed no abnormalities.
- Parents, siblings, anyone other than patients are not allowed at our clinic, unless a Japanese interpreter is required, a minor patient is accompanied by a guardian, or a patient has to be accompanied after a surgery.
- Please take advantage of our clinic-organized fertility seminars. It is recommended to have the basic knowledge of different exams and treatments before your first appointment and even during the course of your treatment. If you would like to attend one of our seminars, please call us for booking.
- Please be mindful of other patients, including ones in the early stage of pregnancy or to have a surgery. If you have any infectious diseases such as influenza, mycoplasma pneumonia, mumps, measles, rubella, or droplet infection, please reschedule your appointment.
- Bringing your children to our clinic is strictly prohibited for any reason.
Preparation before the First Visit
・Please fill the questionnaires(For women; For men) and send us in advance of your first visit.
・If it’s difficult to fill out and send the questionnaires, you can print, fill out, and send us English questionnaires by mail. (Questionnaires should be arrived at our clinic before your appointment day)
Medical Questionnaire for women
Medical Questionnaire for men
Kyono ART Clinic Sendai
1-1-1-3F, Honcho, Aobaku, Sendai, Miyagi, 980-0014
What You need to Bring to your First Appointment:
- The original insurance card of each person.
- A letter of referral or introduction from previous doctor (if any).
Letters of referral are very helpful, but it is not required.
- Your personal seal (stamp).
- A basal body temperature chart (The paper that the basal body temperature has been graphed on.)
Please only use the basal body temperature chart designated by the clinic (Terumo WOMAN ℃).
Please bring printed sheets of the basal body temperature graphs.
- You can purchase designated basal body temperature charts at our clinic.
For the basal body temperature chart, please click here.
- We accept all credit cards.
The co-pay cost for a couple will be about 10,000 yen or less when the exams consultations are covered by the insurance.
For artificial insemination and IVF preoperative tests and exams, the co-pay cost will be about 30,000 yen.
Anti-mullerin hormone tests, and/or other tests and prescriptions are available at additional cost.
The cost for chromosome tests required in cases of azoospermia is about 50,000 yen.
Costs may vary depending on the treatment and exams; please refer to the “Costs and Financial Considerations” page for more details.
- For artificial insemination and IVF, we always have our patients take blood screening tests for infectious diseases to prevent nosocomial infection and infection between husband and wife. (Even if you have had such screening test, we still require a preoperative screening at our clinic.)
- Sperm-freezing can not be requested at first appointment unless it is a special circumstance, such as the husband is going to be abroad or is going to undergo cancer treatment, etc. Please contact us in advance with your information.
- If you wish to undergo artificial insemination or IVF treatment, you must submit your family register issued within one year; you don’t need to prepare it by the time of your first appointment, but we do need to have it by the day of oocyte retrieval or artificial insemination. Please have these documents ready if you wish to get treatments soon. However, please be advised that only the family register issued within one year is considered valid at our clinic. For unmarried couples, each person is required to submit a family register to prove that there is no legal spouse. It is required to have your family register on your record to perform artificial insemination and IVF treatment.
- Results of your past hormone tests or semen analysis can be helpful, but your hormone levels and semen conditions need to be re-tested at our clinic.
What a Typical Visit would Look Like:
During the interview, several of the questions may be repeated for confirmation.
- The last 3 menstrual periods
- Infertility period. (The time from which you started trying to have children.)
- Marriage Date
- Cause of infertility. (If you have been diagnosed preciously.)
- Whether you have had fertility treatment in the past:
Type of exam/tests and past treatments, and the results
For those who have undergone suggested timed intercourse or artificial insemination, the number of the cycles and the results.
For those who have undergone IVF, the number of the ovulation induction methods, the number of oocytes retrieved, fertilized eggs, number of embryo transfers, and the results of all of the above.
Please feel free to talk to the attending doctor about the treatment you would like to try and any worries or concerns you may have.
At our clinic, we ask that male patients also undergo a urological consultation.
Pelvic Exam (WOMEN)
Medical workup and exams can be scheduled at any timing of your menstrual cycle. Thus, it is ok if your first appointment falls during your menstrual period, as your hormone levels during that time needs to be examined. Appropriate tests will be performed to begin the necessary treatment right away.
The attending doctor will draw up an exam schedule and treatment plan in accordance with the timing of your visit. Your exams and treatment may vary depending on your condition during your first appointment; however we generally do perform transvaginal ultrasonography on all female patients. Your doctor will decide whether you need blood tests or any other tests that day.
Semen Analysis (MEN)
Male patients need a 3-4 day period of abstinence before semen analysis exam. Please note that the abstinence period may affect the results. Depending on the timing of the appointment, the results cannot be presented on the same day.
Decision on Treatment
After the results (or prospective results) of ultrasonography, semen analysis, and other exams are discussed, treatment strategy and schedule for your next visit will be determined. The scheduling of your next visit will depend on the required exams and treatment content.
Costs vary depending on the contents of other exams and tests. We accept cash as well as credit and debit cards.
Appointments proceed in the manner described above.
- Please note that it normally takes 2-4 hours for the intreview and exams on the first visit.
- All of our staff would like to welcome you with a smile. Please do not hesitate to talk to any of us.